By Harold G Koenig
- emotional development and non secular development
- achievement of future health and fulfillment
- achieving Christian maturity
- preventing depression
- counseling and caregiving
- using one’s presents and talents
- overcoming boundaries to loving and serving others
- avoiding burnout and exhaustion whilst loving and serving others These are more and more tricky instances, requiring that God’s humans interact through the use of their abilities for the advantage of others. The authors clarify that the decision to provider doesn't finish with retirement. we will be able to use this inspirational booklet to spot our presents and most sensible use them in provider to God and others. A Gospel for the Mature Years may also help us produce a society of individuals with vision--a imaginative and prescient of desire that existence may have which means and function despite condition, and of religion that each individual has been given a present that would let them to make a distinction during this global and make it a greater position for his or her youngsters and grandchildren.
Read Online or Download A Gospel for the Mature Years: Finding Fulfillment by Knowing and Using Your Gifts (Haworth Religion and Mental Health) PDF
Similar gerontology books
The undeniable fact of Japan's quickly getting older inhabitants has been recognized for your time. yet past statistics and implications for the longer term, we don't be aware of a lot in regards to the genuine getting older strategy. Senior voters and their diversified studies have, for the main half, been obscured via stereotypes. This attention-grabbing new number of study at the aged works to place a human face on getting older by way of contemplating a number of dimensions of the getting older adventure in Japan.
Wellness in Later existence makes use of the most recent examine from numerous disciplines to deal with and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately getting older. Covers subject matters starting from organic mechanisms that have an effect on getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social elements Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding lifestyles expectancy and contains options for preserving and adorning wellness in later existence Makes significant connections among examine and perform to hyperlink features of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate a part of the six-volume wellness: a whole Reference consultant, which brings jointly major study from around the social sciences
Males nonetheless at paintings explores the explanations why many males are carrying on with to paintings way past the normal retirement age. In today’s tough economic climate, they're the second-fastest growing to be body of workers (just at the back of older women). packed with profiles of older operating males, in addition to dynamic interview charges, males nonetheless at paintings explores thorny concerns reminiscent of masculinity and the “need to provide,” in addition to monetary concerns, activity pride, and extra.
Psychische Störungen sind in allen Altersgruppen weit verbreitet. In diesem Buch werden die Besonderheiten der Klinischen Psychologie des Alters erläutert, im historischen Kontext Deutschlands reflektiert und die wichtigsten psychischen Störungen vorgestellt. Psychodynamische und kognitiv-behaviorale Behandlungsansätze, deren Effektivität auch bei älteren Menschen wissenschaftlich belegt ist, werden beschrieben sowie Aspekte der Versorgung erörtert.
- Neoliberalising Old Age
- Leben und Wohnen im Alter: Architektonische und stadtsoziologische Grundlagen (German Edition)
- Gerontological Social Work Practice: Issues, Challenges, and Potential
- Brandschutz in Altenheimen und Altenpflegeheimen (German Edition)
- Designing a Better Day: Guidelines for Adult and Dementia Day Services Centers: Guidelines for Adult and Dementia Day Service Centers
- Public Policy and the Old Age Revolution in Japan
Extra resources for A Gospel for the Mature Years: Finding Fulfillment by Knowing and Using Your Gifts (Haworth Religion and Mental Health)