By Manfred, PhD Diehl,Hans-Werner, PhD Wahl
How do members understand the adventure of getting older? Can this belief are expecting such developmental results as practical wellbeing and fitness or mortality? The thirty fifth quantity of ARGG encompasses the most up-tp-date and fruitful learn findings in regards to the subjective adventure of getting older and describes how they healthy inside a theoretical framework. It displays a brand new and complex level of improvement within the self-discipline of subjective getting older and may be a construction block for destiny theoretical and empirical paintings during this zone of study.
The ebook integrates displays from a chain of contemporary workshops attended by way of a global cadre of subjective getting older researchers, the result of numerous longitudinal stories from around the globe, and theoretical propositions from reports which are ongoing. Chapters-reviewed via self sufficient students for "quality control"-- tackle significant conceptual methods and key demanding situations to subjective getting older examine; study designs, empirical findings, and methodological concerns; and the results of subjective getting older examine on interventions, society, and the altering contexts of getting older.
- Subjective getting older and know-how of aging
- Connections among study on subjective getting older and age stereotypes and stigma
- Linking subjective getting older to altering social meanings of age and the existence course
- Psychological and social assets and subjective getting older around the grownup existence span
- Experimental learn on age stereotypes
- Domain-specific techniques and implications for addressing problems with developmental regulation
- Subjective getting older as a predictor of significant endpoints of getting older and development
- Exploring new contexts and connections for subjective getting older measures
- Changing destructive perspectives of aging
- Subjective getting older study from a cross-cultural perspective
- Subjective getting older study and gerontological practice
- Future instructions for subjective getting older research
Read or Download Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 35, 2015: Subjective Aging: New Developments and Future Directions PDF
Similar gerontology books
The undeniable fact of Japan's quickly getting older inhabitants has been recognized for your time. yet past facts and implications for the longer term, we don't understand a lot in regards to the genuine getting older method. Senior voters and their assorted stories have, for the main half, been obscured by means of stereotypes. This attention-grabbing new number of examine at the aged works to place a human face on getting older via contemplating a number of dimensions of the getting older adventure in Japan.
Wellness in Later lifestyles makes use of the most recent examine from numerous disciplines to handle and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately getting older. Covers subject matters starting from organic mechanisms that impact getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social components Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding existence expectancy and comprises thoughts for protecting and adorning wellness in later existence Makes significant connections among examine and perform to hyperlink facets of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate a part of the six-volume wellness: a whole Reference consultant, which brings jointly best learn from around the social sciences
Males nonetheless at paintings explores the explanations why many males are carrying on with to paintings well past the normal retirement age. In today’s demanding economic system, they're the second-fastest starting to be personnel (just in the back of older women). choked with profiles of older operating males, in addition to dynamic interview prices, males nonetheless at paintings explores thorny concerns corresponding to masculinity and the “need to provide,” in addition to monetary concerns, activity delight, and extra.
Psychische Störungen sind in allen Altersgruppen weit verbreitet. In diesem Buch werden die Besonderheiten der Klinischen Psychologie des Alters erläutert, im historischen Kontext Deutschlands reflektiert und die wichtigsten psychischen Störungen vorgestellt. Psychodynamische und kognitiv-behaviorale Behandlungsansätze, deren Effektivität auch bei älteren Menschen wissenschaftlich belegt ist, werden beschrieben sowie Aspekte der Versorgung erörtert.
- Inside Assisted Living: The Search for Home
- Handbook of Aging and the Social Sciences (Handbooks of Aging)
- Sociological Analysis of Aging: The Gay Male Perspective
- Devolution and Aging Policy
Additional info for Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 35, 2015: Subjective Aging: New Developments and Future Directions