By Noël Carroll
- Bold and provocative thesis written by way of one in all America’s superior movie theorists
- Takes a special examine the philosophies at the back of Keaton’s style
- Weighs visible components over narrative shape within the research of the Keaton’s work
- Provides a clean vantage aspect for research of movie and comedy itself
Read Online or Download Comedy Incarnate: Buster Keaton, Physical Humor, and Bodily Coping PDF
Similar philosophical logic & language books
Appropriate to philosophy, legislations, administration, and synthetic intelligence, those papers discover the applicability of nonmonotonic or defeasible good judgment to normative reasoning. The ensuing platforms purport to unravel recognized deontic paradoxes and to supply a greater remedy than classical deontic good judgment does of prima facie legal responsibility, conditional legal responsibility, and priorities of normative rules.
The 2 volumes which offer expression to 'Mapping psychological areas' are a chain of operating routines related to assorted difficulties that are entailed by way of problems with: hermeneutics, innate rules, apodicticity or walk in the park, trust, which means, model-building, psychology, mythology, mysticism, common sense, -- all in quantity 1 -- fields, arithmetic, quantum mechanics, gauge idea, chronobiology, and holographic concept -- all in quantity 2.
This re-creation comprises 3 new chapters, updating the booklet take into consideration advancements within the box during the last fifteen years.
During this very good e-book Sebastien Gandon focuses ordinarily on Russell's significant texts, Principa Mathematica and precept of arithmetic , meticulously unpicking the main points of those texts and bringing a brand new interpretation of either the mathematical and the philosophical content material. Winner of The Bertrand Russell Society booklet Award 2013.
- Paradoxes in Probability Theory: 0 (SpringerBriefs in Philosophy)
- The Cambridge Companion to Medieval Logic (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy)
- The Emergence of Norms (Clarendon Library of Logic and Philosophy)
- Max Weber and Charles Peirce: At the Crossroads of Science, Philosophy, and Culture
Additional info for Comedy Incarnate: Buster Keaton, Physical Humor, and Bodily Coping