By Victor Minichiello,Irene Coulson
Written via best overseas specialists, this publication is helping scholars and practitioners to higher comprehend and cater for the desires of our growing old inhabitants. It examines:
- how prone might be supplied to fulfill the expectancies and desires of a turning out to be inhabitants of getting old electorate inside of an economical, social justice and optimistic aging framework
- how assets allotted to elderly care might be allotted equitably to higher meet the calls for linked to housing, retirement, provider provision and care
- how wellbeing and fitness merchandising rules can give a contribution to a fit older population.
Investigating present severe debates in well-being and social technology, the ebook explores leading edge new methods to elderly care and getting old. through the use of overseas examples and a multidisciplinary technique, this entire textbook offers a huge knowing of growing old from a social point of view and analyzes thoughts of ageism, fit growing old and optimistic growing older.
Read or Download Contemporary Issues in Gerontology: Promoting Positive Ageing PDF
Best gerontology books
The undeniable fact of Japan's speedily getting older inhabitants has been identified for it slow. yet past facts and implications for the longer term, we don't be aware of a lot concerning the real getting older procedure. Senior voters and their diversified studies have, for the main half, been obscured by way of stereotypes. This attention-grabbing new choice of examine at the aged works to place a human face on getting older through contemplating a number of dimensions of the getting older event in Japan.
Health in Later lifestyles makes use of the newest learn from various disciplines to deal with and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately getting older. Covers issues starting from organic mechanisms that have an effect on getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social elements Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding lifestyles expectancy and comprises techniques for holding and embellishing health in later existence Makes significant connections among examine and perform to hyperlink elements of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate a part of the six-volume wellness: a whole Reference consultant, which brings jointly top study from around the social sciences
Males nonetheless at paintings explores the explanations why many males are carrying on with to paintings way past the conventional retirement age. In today’s tough economic system, they're the second-fastest becoming team of workers (just at the back of older women). full of profiles of older operating males, in addition to dynamic interview fees, males nonetheless at paintings explores thorny matters comparable to masculinity and the “need to provide,” in addition to monetary matters, task pride, and extra.
Psychische Störungen sind in allen Altersgruppen weit verbreitet. In diesem Buch werden die Besonderheiten der Klinischen Psychologie des Alters erläutert, im historischen Kontext Deutschlands reflektiert und die wichtigsten psychischen Störungen vorgestellt. Psychodynamische und kognitiv-behaviorale Behandlungsansätze, deren Effektivität auch bei älteren Menschen wissenschaftlich belegt ist, werden beschrieben sowie Aspekte der Versorgung erörtert.
- Caring for Older People in Nursing (Transforming Nursing Practice Series)
- Environmental Gerontology: Making Meaningful Places in Old Age
- Population Ageing in Central and Eastern Europe: Societal and Policy Implications (New Perspectives on Ageing and Later Life)
- Fostering Social Work Gerontology Competence: A Collection of Papers from the First National Gerontological Social Work Conference (Journal of Gerontological Social Work)
- Empowering Frail Elderly People: Opportunities and Impediments in Housing, Health, and Support Service Delivery: Opportunities and Impediments in Housing, Health and Support Service Delivery
- Last Years of Long Lives: The Larvik Study
Additional info for Contemporary Issues in Gerontology: Promoting Positive Ageing