By Rose Dobrof,Robert Disch,Harry R Moody
- the dignity in previous age
- the real which means of “Quality of lifestyles” in outdated age
- achieving recognize for ethnic elders as a wellbeing and fitness care provider
- bringing spirituality and group jointly within the final level of life
- forming a philanthropic, being concerned partnership among executive and the elderlyIn this insightful quantity, you’ll take a big leap forward in making a extra dignified caliber of existence for the world’s elderly--today’s and tomorrow’s. total, you’ll achieve the range of views essential to make sure that everybody you return in touch with in informal, felony, rest, spheres will see you care sufficient to be anxious with the information and practices contained in Dignity and previous Age.
Read or Download Dignity and Old Age PDF
Best gerontology books
The undeniable fact of Japan's swiftly getting older inhabitants has been identified for your time. yet past information and implications for the longer term, we don't understand a lot in regards to the genuine getting older technique. Senior voters and their diversified studies have, for the main half, been obscured via stereotypes. This attention-grabbing new choice of study at the aged works to place a human face on getting older by way of contemplating a number of dimensions of the getting older adventure in Japan.
Wellness in Later lifestyles makes use of the most recent examine from various disciplines to deal with and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately getting older. Covers issues starting from organic mechanisms that have an effect on getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social components Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding existence expectancy and comprises thoughts for keeping and adorning wellness in later existence Makes significant connections among examine and perform to hyperlink features of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate a part of the six-volume wellness: a whole Reference advisor, which brings jointly best learn from around the social sciences
Males nonetheless at paintings explores the explanations why many males are carrying on with to paintings way past the conventional retirement age. In today’s hard economic climate, they're the second-fastest turning out to be team of workers (just at the back of older women). packed with profiles of older operating males, in addition to dynamic interview prices, males nonetheless at paintings explores thorny concerns reminiscent of masculinity and the “need to provide,” in addition to financial matters, task pride, and extra.
Psychische Störungen sind in allen Altersgruppen weit verbreitet. In diesem Buch werden die Besonderheiten der Klinischen Psychologie des Alters erläutert, im historischen Kontext Deutschlands reflektiert und die wichtigsten psychischen Störungen vorgestellt. Psychodynamische und kognitiv-behaviorale Behandlungsansätze, deren Effektivität auch bei älteren Menschen wissenschaftlich belegt ist, werden beschrieben sowie Aspekte der Versorgung erörtert.
- The Aging Networks: A Guide to Programs and Services, 7th Edition
- Outdoor Environments for People with Dementia
- Doing Harder Time?: The Experiences of an Ageing Male Prison Population in England and Wales
- Depressed Older Adults: Education and Screening
- The Age Demographics of Academic Librarians: A Profession Apart
- Beyond Formal Operations: Late Adolescent and Adult Cognitive Development
Additional info for Dignity and Old Age