By Dan L. Lindsley,Georgianna G. Zimm
- Describes phenotype, cytology, and molecular biology of all recorded genes of Drosophila melanogaster, plus references to the literature
- Describes basic chromosome supplement, unique chromosome constructs, transposable components, departures from diploidy, satellite tv for pc sequences, and nonchromosomal inheritance
- Describes all recorded chromosome rearrangements of Drosophila melanogaster as of the tip of 1989 includes the cytogenetic map of all genes as of mid-1991
- Contains the unique polytene maps of C.B. Bridges, plus G. Lefevre's photographic equivalents, and the unique maps of the chromosome palms produced through C.B. and P.M. Bridges
- All maps are reprinted as top of the range foldouts sturdily sure into the volume
- Maps can also be bought individually in an eight-map packet, for laboratory and pupil use
Read Online or Download The Genome of Drosophila Melanogaster PDF
Best entomology books
Beekeeping is a sixteen-billion-dollar-a-year enterprise. however the helpful honey bee now faces critical threats from illnesses, mites, insecticides, and overwork, let alone the mysterious Colony cave in illness, which factors possible fit bees to desert their hives en masse, by no means to come. within the Quest for the ideal Hive, entomologist Gene Kritsky bargains a concise, superbly illustrated heritage of beekeeping, tracing the evolution of hive layout from historic Egypt to the current.
Bugs and flora and fauna: Arthropods and their Relationships with Wild Vertebrate Animals offers a complete evaluation of the interrelationships of bugs and natural world. It serves as an creation to bugs and different arthropods for natural world administration and different vertebrate biology scholars, and emphasizes the significance of bugs to wild vertebrate animals.
Social insects--ants, bees, termites, and wasps--can be seen as robust problem-solving platforms with refined collective intelligence. Composed of straightforward interacting brokers, this intelligence lies within the networks of interactions between contributors and among contributors and the surroundings. a desirable topic, social bugs also are a strong metaphor for man made intelligence, and the issues they solve--finding nutrition, dividing exertions between nestmates, development nests, responding to exterior challenges--have vital opposite numbers in engineering and machine technology.
Predaceous diving beetles (Coleoptera: Dytiscidae) represent one of many biggest households of freshwater bugs (~ 4,200 species). even if dytiscid adults and larvae are ubiquitous all through a number of aquatic habitats and are major predators on different aquatic invertebrates and vertebrates, there are not any compilations that experience fascinated with summarizing the information in their ecology, systematics, and biology.
- The Dancing Bees: Karl von Frisch and the Discovery of the Honeybee Language
- Physician's Guide to Arthropods of Medical Importance, Sixth Edition
- Britain's Hoverflies: A Field Guide, Revised and Updated Second Edition (Princeton University Press (WILDGuides))
- Atlas of Adirondack caterpillars: With a Host List, Rearing Notes, and a Selected Bibliography of Works Depicting Caterpillars (New York State Museum bulletin)
- Catalogue of the Cicadoidea (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha)
- Egg Parasitoids in Agroecosystems with Emphasis on Trichogramma: 9 (Progress in Biological Control)
Extra resources for The Genome of Drosophila Melanogaster