By Thomas B. L. Kirkwood,Cary L. Cooper
Wellbeing in Later Life makes use of the newest learn from numerous disciplines to handle and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately aging.
- Covers subject matters starting from organic mechanisms that impact getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social factors
- Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding lifestyles expectancy and contains strategies for holding and embellishing wellness in later life
- Makes significant connections among study and perform to hyperlink points of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate
- Part of the six-volume Wellbeing: an entire Reference Guide, which brings jointly best learn from around the social sciences
Read or Download Wellbeing: A Complete Reference Guide, Wellbeing in Later Life: Volume IV (Wiley Clinical Psychology Handbooks) PDF
Best gerontology books
The undeniable fact of Japan's speedily getting older inhabitants has been recognized for a while. yet past facts and implications for the longer term, we don't comprehend a lot concerning the real getting older approach. Senior voters and their diverse reports have, for the main half, been obscured by means of stereotypes. This attention-grabbing new number of study at the aged works to place a human face on getting older via contemplating a number of dimensions of the getting older event in Japan.
Wellness in Later existence makes use of the most recent examine from quite a few disciplines to handle and proper universal myths and misconceptions approximately getting older. Covers themes starting from organic mechanisms that impact getting older to way of life, attitudes, and social components Examines the demanding situations of humanity’s expanding lifestyles expectancy and comprises strategies for conserving and embellishing wellness in later lifestyles Makes significant connections among learn and perform to hyperlink features of getting older that have formerly been thought of separate a part of the six-volume wellness: a whole Reference advisor, which brings jointly major study from around the social sciences
Males nonetheless at paintings explores the explanations why many males are carrying on with to paintings way past the conventional retirement age. In today’s not easy economic climate, they're the second-fastest turning out to be team of workers (just in the back of older women). jam-packed with profiles of older operating males, in addition to dynamic interview rates, males nonetheless at paintings explores thorny concerns corresponding to masculinity and the “need to provide,” in addition to monetary matters, task pride, and extra.
Psychische Störungen sind in allen Altersgruppen weit verbreitet. In diesem Buch werden die Besonderheiten der Klinischen Psychologie des Alters erläutert, im historischen Kontext Deutschlands reflektiert und die wichtigsten psychischen Störungen vorgestellt. Psychodynamische und kognitiv-behaviorale Behandlungsansätze, deren Effektivität auch bei älteren Menschen wissenschaftlich belegt ist, werden beschrieben sowie Aspekte der Versorgung erörtert.
- Longevity and the Good Life
- Basic Biology and Clinical Impact of Immunosenescence (Advances in Cell Aging and Gerontology)
- New Frontiers in Socialization: 7 (Advances in Life Course Research)
- Intimacy and ageing: New relationships in later life (Ageing in a Global Context)
- Spiritual Resiliency in Older Women: Models of Strength for Challenges through the Life Span
- The Death of Humanity: and the Case for Life
Extra info for Wellbeing: A Complete Reference Guide, Wellbeing in Later Life: Volume IV (Wiley Clinical Psychology Handbooks)